300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (AYTT) in St Louis Missouri: To receive information on future programs please contact email@example.com.
There are many yoga teacher training programs in the St Louis area. Below are a few things that make this program unique:
- Small class size allowing for lots of individual attention.
- Assisting the Program Director with teaching classes is built into the program. This allows students to receive valuable feedback and to learn new skills by teaching alongside a more experienced instructor.
- Develop an understanding of the eleven systems of the human body and learn about Pam’s “snowflake principle of yoga”. This principle is about understanding the anatomy of a pose, as well as the unique anatomy of the individual student…allowing these two reference points to inform how we can make the poses accessible to a wider audience.
- In depth tools and discussions about thoughtful sequencing, including monthly assignments of designing classes and receiving feedback from the Program Director.
- Journey through the five koshas of the body through readings, discussions and practices.
- Philosophical discussions on Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, as well as the Katha Upanishad, including how to apply these wise teachings to our everyday lives.
- One-on-one mentor sessions with the Program Director are included in the course fee.
- Design and teach private lessons, workshops, beginning level classes and classes for more experienced students.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Key Program Objectives
- Thoughtful sequencing — to provide teachers with the knowledge and skills to sequence classes that are fun, safe, therapeutic and energetically balanced
- Comprehension of individual anatomy — educate teachers on the unique anatomy of every body so they are more equipped to help students find a version of the pose that suits their body
- Yoga as an inward turning — through readings and group discussion about the koshas and yoga philosophy, help teachers understand that the heart of yoga is about turning inward toward the Soul…not a perfect handstand…
- Broadening of skill set — through several mentoring projects, students will promote, design and teach a 4 week beginner class and two of the following (a yoga workshop, a 4 week intermediate class or 4 private sessions).
- Fine tuning teaching skills — through practicum teaching, mentoring, and group discussions, students will hone their verbal communication skills, sequences, hands-on adjustments, use of props, teaching to multiple levels, etc.
- To provide students with instruction that meets curriculum standards set by Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 500 hour level.
All teacher training classes are held at Casa Bagus, 6318 Clayton Rd, St Louis MO 63117.