200 hour Foundational Yoga Teacher Training (FYTT) in St Louis Missouri: The FYTT program spans about 8 months. The course includes 9 weekend immersions along with assigned reading, homework, and observation hour requirements. The course is usually held between late January and early October. This is a comprehensive program designed to give students a foundational knowledge in yoga techniques, philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology in order to go forth and share their love of yoga with others. Upon successful completion of the FYTT program, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and be eligible for registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) at the 200 hour level. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a course catalog and application.
The current course started January 27, 2017 and registration is now closed. Contact us if you’d like to get on our email list for information on future trainings.
There are many yoga teacher training programs in the St Louis area. Below are a few things that make this program unique:
- Small class size allowing for lots of individual attention.
- Observing yoga classes with the Program Director is a part of the program. This allows students to learn by watching an experienced instructor teach and interact with students. It also allows for all participants to get experience teaching poses in a real yoga class setting, alongside the Program Director.
- Learn Pam’s “snowflake principle of yoga”. This principle is about understanding the anatomy of a pose, as well as the unique anatomy of the individual student. These two reference points are then used to inform us how we can make the poses safer and more accessible to a wider audience.
- The first half of the program focuses on a set sequence of poses, allowing for some depth and familiarity prior to learning about the art of sequencing.
- The second half of the program begins to introduce sequencing concepts that you can use to develop your own unique classes.
- Lively and informative discussions on yoga philosophy topics from both The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita.
- Plenty of opportunities during the weekend intensives to actually teach poses to your fellow teacher trainees, as well as work on getting comfortable with hands on adjustments of yoga poses.
- One-on-one mentor sessions with the Program Director are included in the course fee
- Certified to operate by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
All teacher training classes are held at Casa Bagus, 6318 Clayton Rd, St Louis MO 63117.