Foundational Yoga Teacher Training
Registration is now open for the 2020 training, which will begin in late January and go through September. The 2019 program was completely full, so apply now to secure your spot.
200 hour Foundational Yoga Teacher Training (FYTT) in St Louis Missouri: The FYTT program spans about 8 months. The course includes 9 weekend immersions along with assigned reading, homework, and observation hour requirements. This is a comprehensive program designed to give students a foundational knowledge in yoga techniques, philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology in order to go forth and share their love of yoga with others. Upon successful completion of the FYTT program, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. E-mail email@example.com for a course catalog and application.
There are many yoga teacher training programs in the St Louis area. Below are a few things that make this program unique:
- A well respected program with a 14 year reputation of providing graduates with the tools necessary to go out and start teaching.
- Small class size allowing for lots of individual attention.
- The Program Director has been teaching yoga for 20 years, and training teachers for 12 years. This course has an excellent reputation and has some well-respected teachers as alumni.
- Observing/assisting yoga classes with the Program Director is a part of the program. This allows students to learn by watching an experienced instructor teach and interact with students. It also allows for all participants to get experience teaching poses in a real yoga class setting, alongside the Program Director.
- Four one-on-one mentoring sessions are built into the course
- Develop an anatomical understanding for the major muscles and bones of the body as well as the major joints of the body and their range of motion.
- Be able to apply knowledge of muscles, joints and bones to the individual student so that we are teaching to the individual student within a group. We call this the “snowflake principle of yoga”, which at its core is about understanding the anatomy of a pose, as well as the unique anatomy of the individual student…allowing these two reference points to inform how we can make the poses accessible to a wider audience.
- Learn a set sequence of poses for an open level 75 minute class and be able to practice the series yourself, and teach the series to others.
- Learn key concepts related to sequencing in order to be able to design unique classes that are safe and effective
- Lively and engaging discussions on yoga philosophy topics from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita.
- Opportunities during the weekend intensives to actually teach poses to your fellow teacher trainees, as well as work on getting comfortable with other aspects of teaching.
- A transformative experience for participants, with many graduates saying that the program changed more than their yoga practice…it changed their life.
All teacher training classes are held at 3518-1 Greenwood Blvd, Maplewood MO 63143.